Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday, July 16, 2007

Phew! What a week. As you know, I went to visit my friend Audrey in Oregon. I've now been to every state in the lower 48! We had a very nice visit. Sunday, we went to see the volcano fields in central Oregon. We went into a lava tube. Apparently these tubes are formed when the lava on the outside cools and the lava on the inside keeps flowing. What's left is a tube large enough for a person to walk through. In some places it was 30 feet high and 50 feet wide! Way cool.

Monday, Audrey went to work, so I rested. Tuesday we went to see the waterfalls around Portland. Again, very nice.





Wednesday, I went to Denver for a work meeting. The meeting was very productive with presentations by senior Microsoft management. Friday night we went to Corteo Cirque du Soleil. The show was fantastic. If you ever get a change to go to a Cirque, do it!! For a preview, kick it here: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/showstickets/corteo/intro/intro.htm.

Radiation: Went to the Radiation Oncologist today. Got my CT scan and all the requisite markings. My first treatment is scheduled for Monday, July 23.

Bathroom: The painter is scheduled to come tomorrow. He is supposed to prep the walls for the wallpaper, stain the woodwork, and paint the bedroom and closet. Things are finally moving ahead!

Happy Birthday Mark! Today is my brother-in-law Mark's birthday. He is 39.

No comments: