Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Radiation: Twenty-two down and 14 to go. Over half way! Woo-who! My strength and stamina is getting better and better. I'd estimate I'm about 95% pre-chemo. Radiation is starting to be a bother however. The skin under my breast is getting irritated. They said it'd be like a sunburn, but they lie. Imagine you wore a wet bathing suit for a week. You know how your skin would be chapped? It's like that. I am using Aloe gel, Vaseline and other lotions on it in an attempt to get it to heal. Also, the hair follicles in the area near my underarm are getting irritated. I'm told that is normal as well. All in all, I'd rather some irritation than fatigue from chemo.



Bathrooms: The tile is finished in the upstairs and downstairs bathrooms. The cultured marble is scheduled to be put in on Friday upstairs and the plumber is coming on Tuesday. This will finish the bathroom remodels. Yea!



Kitchen: I think I mentioned that we are getting granite counter tops put in the kitchen. That is scheduled for tomorrow (Thursday). Never knew that getting cancer would be the impetus for remodeling!

No comments: