Wednesday, February 14, 2007

T +9 hours

Well, I had the surgery today 9 hours ago. I am at home and feeling surprisingly well. The only real side effect is my throat is a little sore. I can't tell if that is from the anesthesia, post nasal drip or both. I can even type with my left hand - which is the affected side. One of the (pleasant) side effects of the anesthesia is that it suppresses my cough. So I was able to take a long nap after I got home around 3:30 PM.

Wonderful news from the surgeon. The lump was only 1 cm instead of the 1.5 cm that the ultrasound showed AND she removed only TWO lymph nodes and ZERO had cancer cells in them!!! So I'm guessing I won't need to have chemo, but that is not official as I have not talked to the surgeon myself. Also, I do not have any drains! I was a little concerned about having drains since they sounded like a real pain in the neck to take care of.

So things are looking up all over. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the hospital today (even though I was out of it!)

No comments: