Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wednesday, 2/21

I know I said I wasn't going to post anything until after my appointment next week, but Dr. Christian's office called with the final pathology of the tumor. They said:
  • It is a "medium grade" cancer. When I asked what that meant they said, "There are three types of cancer, low, medium, and high." Therefore the medium is better than high, but not as good as low.
  • The tumor was 1.7 cm with clear margins.
  • As previously reported, there was no cancer in the lymph nodes.

My cough is better, but not completely gone. I don't know who is more ready for it go away, me or Tom!

3 comments:

Kevin said...

Shawn,
We are glad that your sugery went well.
Sophie and I have had colds for the last two weeks, so we can relate to the coughing. My coughing got so bad that Lori started sleeping on the couch. Lori and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Talk to you soon.

Cliff and Teri said...

Shawn,

Cliff and I are glad to hear you are feeling better. Keep posting your progress. Talk to you soon Teri

David N said...

Shawn, it sounds like things are working out as well as could be expected. For that, I am glad! Please remember, that this road is not linear and that there will be highs and lows along the way. Stay strong to get through the lows. Use the highs to recharge. Laura and I have you in our prayers. David