Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tomorrow's the day

Here I sit at T-12 hours and counting. Went to New Orleans today to talk to the client about remote work. Also talked to HR about the leave policy. I'm sure that things will work out fine with work as New Orleans has remote work for me to do.

My "crud" is better. Still not 100% but I can go 4 hours between medicine doses instead of 3 like before. Only got up twice last night with the cough. Sure hope it goes away soon. I imagine that coughing after surgery will not be pleasant.

Got flowers from the fraternity brothers and tons of cards, phone calls and other surprises from my sorority sisters. Again, I am overwhelmed. I can't say this enough - I am SO lucky to have such wonderful friends and family.

Loved what Laura W said on her voicemail, that having surgery on Valentines Day isn't a bad thing because of all the good karma all around us.

I've asked Trey to post my status tomorrow. I should be out of surgery by noon and recovery by early afternoon.

Thanks in advance for everything!!

2 comments:

Bebe said...

Thanks for making this space available. Otherwise, we'd be calling Sammye all day to see what's up.

You are all in our thoughts and prayers. the Memphis Presbyterians are on the job praying too.

phi love, Bebe

Cliff and Teri said...

Shawn Tom and Trey,

Cliff and I are thinking of all of you today. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Keep us updated.

love Teri & Cliff