Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday, 3/22/07

Short story: I have to have chemo. Have an appointment on Monday to nail down specifics.

Long story: My Oncotype DX score is a 19. This puts me in the middle group. Remember, if my score was <= 10 I would not need chemo, if it was => 26 I would need chemo and if it was 11 - 25 the computer would flip the coin. The computer flipped the coin and I got randomized into the chemo group. Which I'm not too upset about since 19 is closer to 25 than 11. I'd rather be on the safe side and get the treatment then risk a recurrence.

For more info on the trial: http://www.breastcancer.org/research_chemotherapy_012606.html

I have an appointment with Dr. Abernathy on Monday to get the scoop. Previously, there was some mention of having to have a port put in, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. Will know more after I talk to her.

No comments: