Thursday, April 19, 2007

Friday, 4/20/07

Short Story: Got my hair cut today. See pictures below. A little tired, but other than that, fine. My white blood counts are low, so they've prescribed an antibiotic and I'll need a shot after my next treatment. Tom got his staples out yesterday.

The TMI section
Hair: As you can see, I got my hair cut today. It was starting to fall out. When I put gel on this morning there was several strands of hair wrapped around my fingers. Also, there was quit a bit in the shower drain. Which I'm glad about. I wouldn't want to get it shaved if it would stay for a longer period of time! The cut is more of a Sinead O'Connor than a Britney. Wendy used a "1" on the clippers. Tom played the part of paparazzi.


This is me and Wendy, my stylist, before the cut.
Wendy in action. It's almost done.
Me with my hat. It has a scarf tied around it, but you can't see it from this angle....

It feels funny when I'm outside and the wind blows. Like my hair is moving, but there is no hair to move!

Blood work: My white count is low. Maybe that is why I'm tired... It also means I am more susceptible to infections. I need to wash my hands before eating, etc. Which I do anyway, I'll just be more vigilant. Because of this, they have prescribed an antibiotic and I'll need to get a shot to stimulate the production of white blood cells the day after my treatment. I am scheduled to have my treatment on Friday 4/27. They say I can have the shot at home. Any volunteers???

Tom: Tom got his staples out yesterday. His incision is about 3 inches long. We were both surprised at how long it was. He continues to use the ace bandage as a "reminder" that he has had the surgery. The doctor said he can do anything he wants to do (bowling and golf is Tom's main concern) as long as it doesn't hurt.

The Bathroom remodel: Things are going well. The shower is framed out, the electrician has run all of the wiring and the plumber is supposed to finish on Monday. The tile guy is on vacation next week, so he will come the week after. The cabinetry has been put in. Like many remodels, they did exactly what we asked for, but it's not what we wanted. We filled in the knee hole in the cabinet with drawers. I wanted two more, but they added three more. Thus, they were not deep enough for what I wanted. So it's our first, and I'm sure not last, do-over.

No comments: