Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday, 4/27/07

Executive Summary: Got my second round of chemo this afternoon. I finished around 4:15. Still feeling pretty good, at 8:45 pm.

The Nitty Gritty Details: Chemo went fine. Still peed red. Actually more of an apricot color. They gave me a prescription for a shot of Neulasta it is to be administered 24 hours after chemo. It is supposed to stimulate the growth of white blood cells. So the "second week slump" that I experienced last time should be prevented. My friend Dawn is going to give me the shot as she frequently gives herself allergy shots. Tom volunteered, but since he's never given anyone a shot before, I declined. Besides, I'd rather be angry at Dawn for a botched job than at Tom! I can send Dawn home, Tom I have to live with!! :-) Our normal pharmacy, the Sav-On in Albertsons, did not have the drug, so they called around to find it for us. Fortunately, it was found nearby at the Walgreen's at Coursey and Sherwood. Sav-On told us that since it costs $3,500 PER SHOT, they don't stock it on a regular basis. But they can order it for me for next time. Oh? My cost??? $0.00. Sweet huh???


Thoughts on Hair: My hair is shedding worse than a hairy dog or cat. It is EVERYWHERE! When I finish this post, I'm going to get Tom to shave it for me. I had to wear a turban so I could cook dinner and eat! I was afraid little hairs would be falling in.


The Bathroom Remodel: The shower has been framed in and the holes in the sheetrock have been fixed. We are now ready for the tile man to come. He is supposed to show up Monday morning.

The ceiling of the shower has been created.

The hole where the old medicine cabinet was has been fixed.

No comments: