Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Short Story: Still feeling good. I've had enough energy to take my morning walks. Tom is also doing well. His wrist itches, which is a sign of healing, so that is good. He is having problems writing with his left hand, but is making do.
The Details:
Blood Work: My blood work came back "fine". I'm not sure what the numbers are however. Go back for more blood Thursday.
Hair: I made an appointment to get my hair shaved Friday 4/20. Wendy has been my stylist for about 15 years. She always asks me what style I want. I just tell her to keep it out of my eyes. She gets frustrated with me because I never give her any direction. Well, I made my appointment, I told her I had seen a style in a magazine that I wanted.... A Britney Spears! She was very excited to FINALLY get some direction!!
Cancer Fit: Baton Rouge Physical Therapy and Our Lady of the Lake Hospital here in Baton Rouge sponsors a program called Cancer Fit. It is an eight week series of lectures on cancer/fitness and yoga. I went today. The topic was Boosting Bones & Muscling Metabolism. We then did about 45 minutes of yoga. This was the first time I did yoga. It was an interesting experience.
Bathroom Remodel: We decided to remodel our master bathroom. We figured it was a good time since I'm stuck at home for so long I could be here for the contractors. We have moved to the upstairs guest room. It took us two days to move especially since Tom was one handed! This experience has made me realize two things (1) our closet holds A LOT of stuff and (2) it was full! Demolition on the bathroom started yesterday. The contractors came at 7 am and were done by noon. Where can I get a job like that??? No wonder it takes them so long to get things done!

Here are the before pics of the bath:












Here are the "after" pictures of the bath:

No comments: